Content - ALFApump®
Customer: Sequana Medical AG
Patients with liver disease, congestive heart failure and certain cancers can suffer from Ascites; the accumulation of excess fluid in the abdominal cavity. Certified in 2011, the ALFApump® is an implantable pump, that automatically and continually collects the excess fluid moving it into the bladder (up to 2.5 litres per day) where it is eliminated from the body in the normal way.
The ALFApump® with it's wireless Smart Charger reduces the number of hospital visits required freeing up hospital beds and staff, it also reduces the risk of infection and affords the patient a new level of freedom and a significantly improved the quality of life.
- Re-designed electronics and firmware for new generation of pumps to be used in human clinical trials (one rigid-flex, no connectors)
- Software development for motor controller
- Develop recovery algorithm (in case of Hall sensor failure)
- Design and development of wireless charger (first 2 generations)
- Revision of wireless communication protocol
- Optimisation of energy transfer system
- Initial technical documentation for CE submission
- Continued support (as and when required)