Content - Data Security
POKEN® - the electronic business card
Customer: Poken SA
Ever wished you could expand your social network with a wave of the hand, or view a timeline of people you've added to your network? Collect and exchange digital content off-line; Poken® utilises Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to digitally exchange your contact details, or collect digital content that's stored in special stickers called "tags" by just touching them.
Poken® makes networking simple and creates an engaging experience for people to collect promotional literature at events.
- Touch it: digitally exchange contact details with other people, collect digital information offline (e.g. PDFs, presentations, brochures, videos, demos, animation, links).
- Get it: connect your Poken® to the USB port on your computer, create an account on the memberHUB and synchronise your device to have access to all documents and contact details collected.
- Share it: collect your contacts and digital files on a timeline, download them to Outlook, Salesforce, or another format. Keep your profile updated wit your social networks and share yor experience with others.
A number of technical challenges had to be overcome in order to design, develop and manufacture a small, battery operated, wireless device for secure communication over very short distances, i.e.
- low operating voltage & power consumption
- USB support on a small device (limited number of processors with full speed USB)
- MSD on-the-fly content generation
- compatibility with PC Mass Storage Device (MSD) specifications
- strong encryption algorithm used with small embedded processor
- software development with customer
- components selected for low price, high volume and quick delivery
- standard SMD design using relaxed component size and pitch to simplify production
- test concept developed for high volume production
- single design for fast prototype production and small production volumes which could also be used for large volumes to avoid the need for a re-design